Cultivation Manager Great Northern Cannabis, Inc.$90~$110K
|Street Address||2341 Cinnabar Loop|
Our Site: Great Northern Cannabis, Inc.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cannabis companies in Alaska. We are seeking an individual to manage our state-of-the-art 5,000 square-foot cannabis cultivation facility. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the plants, supervision of cultivation staff, safety/security, environmental controls, regulatory compliance, cultivation training, and other duties with the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
– Manage 5,000 square-foot cannabis cultivation facility with traditional lights, soil medium, and watering with reverse osmosis system.
– Develop written operational standards, policies, and procedures for the cultivation facility.
– Perform cultivation facility tasks including but not limited to cloning, transplanting, vegetation, feeding, nutrient management, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar feeding, drying/curing, trimming, packaging, waste disposal, and pest prevention.
– Supervise and train cultivation staff.
– Assist with facility management including inventory management (e.g. Metrc), general maintenance, and administration as required.
– Incorporate the use of grow monitoring and reporting technologies.
– Manage cannabis plants, giving each individual plant the attention necessary for the highest quality and production.
– Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep the plants healthy, the facility clean, and the cost per pound low.
– Catalog and analyze each strain from clone to flowering to harvesting.
– Clone and manage vegetation growth phase with the goal of at least 90% success rate.
– Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, insects, etc.
– Maintain a clean and organized work environment with professional standards.
– Implement excellence in soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and optimized nutrient application.
– Understand and apply soil container systems as well as temperature and humidity manipulation in different growth phases.
– Apply expertise in different strains, nutrient requirements, and expected yields to maximize the crop yield while minimizing the cost per pound of production.
– Assist state and local regulators with compliance audits.
– Comply with all human resource policies including confidentiality.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
– Minimum of 5 years of regulated commercial cultivation experience.
– Minimum of 3 years of experience as a cultivation manager with employee supervisory responsibilities.
– Knowledge of and experience with mid to large-scale commercial cultivation operation including nutrient requirements, soil, hydroponics, light requirements, temperature control, humidity requirements, etc.
– Knowledge of and experience with plant diseases, insects, and fungi as well as plant treatment options.
– Capable of and willing to perform manual labor tasks as necessary for the proper management of the indoor cultivation facility.
– Advanced knowledge of cannabis plant properties and genetics.
– Must have strong work ethic, attention to detail, strong communication and leadership skills, and be proactive.
– Must be able and willing to work 50+ hours per week.
– You must be at least 21 years of age.
– You must NOT have any felony convictions.
– You must be able to obtain an Alaska Marijuana Handler’s Card prior to starting work.
– You must be familiar with the Metrc marijuana tracking software.
– You must have reliable transportation or otherwise be able to get to work as scheduled.
– You must be willing to undergo a background check.
– You must be trustworthy, have a strong work ethic, and have a positive attitude.
– Salary ($90,000 to $110,000 per year).
– Two (2) weeks of paid vacation.
– Bonus plan and other benefits coming soon.
Interested candidates who meet all of the qualifications/requirements should submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The best qualified applicants will be contacted for a telephone interview, and the finalists will be invited to attend an in-person interview in Denver, Colorado. The successful applicant will need to relocate to Anchorage, Alaska for the position.