• Responsible for growing new business by demonstrating and selling our lighting solution to large market commercial accounts while continuing to drive revenue in our existing customer base
• Coordinate full sales cycle from initial prospecting to signed contracts through to ongoing account management
• Conduct extensive research to understand potential clients’ goals, objectives and challenges – fully understanding our distinctive difference in the marketplace
• Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts through proper reporting in the Company’s CRM system
• Specify hardware, software and technical services based on our customers specialized application requirement
• Provide input to continually improve the overall sales process and tools.
• Develops and nurtures strong customer contacts and positive, proactive relationships with channel partners and dealers/contractors ensuring open streams of communication.
• Investigates competitor products, promotions and sales strategies.
• Maintains competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
• Participate regularly in marketing activities (e.g., industry trade shows)
• Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade journals, maintaining personal networks and participating in industry organizations
• Minimum five years of directly handling complex sales cycles with large account customers, preferably in a greenhouse or horticulture environment. LED lighting and or lighting sales experience preferred.
• Proven and verifiable successful track record in sales in a fast paced, results oriented culture.
• Comfortable calling on executives, owners and line employees for both business and technical functions (e.g., CEOs/presidents/CFOs, growers, financial managers and energy/facilities managers)
• Experience with and understanding of CRM systems, Salesforce a plus
• Outstanding interpersonal skills in working with customers, partners and teammates across all functions
• This position requires up to 80% travel. This position requires travel throughout Central North America.
• Demonstrated ability to be effective while working remotely, e.g., from a home office, and while traveling
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred, and work experience in sales/account management, minimum 4 years
How to Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org