Looking for Pastry Cook and Packaging Technician
|Street Address||12503 Apex Great Basin Way|
Interested in a new and thriving industry right here in Nevada? We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic culinary individual to add to our growing dynamic team at our new facility 15 miles North of North Las Vegas.
About our company: We are a medical and recreational cannabis company located in North Las Vegas, Nevada dedicated to providing the highest quality medical marijuana and infused products available.
• Maintain solid knowledge of all food products.
• Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
• Maintain a solid knowledge of the recipes and attention to detail.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Prepare all products following recipes and yield guides.
• Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
• Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
• Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
• Apply basic knife skills required for preparation.
• Chefs as needed in execution of production.
• Work as a team, assisting all guests and employee’s needs and inquiries.
• Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by clients or employees.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures and standards.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/ health regulations and establishment’s requirements.
• Complete opening duties set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Inform the Chefs of any shortages before the item runs out.
• Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and establishment requirements.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• Direct and assist janitor in order to make clean-up a more efficient process.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Chefs and Supervisors.
· Clean background – must pass federal and state checks.
· Must be 21+ or over, with food handler’s card.
· No felonies, criminal background or any convictions related to marijuana.
· At least 1 year of helper experience or Pastry School Graduate.
· Working knowledge to basic equipment to include, but not limited to a slicing machine, mixers, and small wares equipment.
· Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
· Working knowledge of weights and measures.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Formal culinary training.
• Previous experience working in a similar baking production setting.